Dr. O’Brien’s upper cervical muscular release and spinal alignment technique has been utilized by professional teams throughout the country to effectively treat concussions.
Concussions: If you suspect a concussion, below is a guide for assessing symptoms.
Athletes who experience one or more of the signs and symptoms listed below after a bump, blow or jolt to the head or body may have a concussion.
Signs observed by parent or coaching staff
- Athlete appears dazed or stunned
- Is confused about assignment or position
- Forgets an instruction
- Is unsure of game, score or opponent
- Moves clumsily
- Answers questions slowly
- Loses consciousness (even briefly)
- Shows mood, behavior or personality changes
- Can’t recall events prior to hit or fall
- Can’t recall events after hit or fall
Symptoms reported by athlete
- Headache or “pressure” in head
- Nausea or vomiting
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Double or blurry vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitivity to noise
- Feeling sluggish, hazy, foggy or groggy
- Concentration and/or memory problems
- Does not “feel right”